In-house vs Managed Services vs Hybrid IT
Organizations rely on IT systems and infrastructure for the day-to-day operation and require their technology to always perform at its peak. To reduce the risk of downtime, these technologies require regular management and maintenance. This is where, “IT Teams,” and Managed Services Providers play a critical role.
A strong IT team with the right skillset would accelerate the path for success of any business. However, determining the return on investment (ROI) for employing in-house IT, engaging an MSP or going hybrid could become a bit challenging.
A better understanding of how the support models correlate would help organizations make a better investment decision.
Internal IT plays a critical role within organizations, not only from a support perspective but also to work on initiatives that drive revenue and business growth. Some additional responsibilities include:
- Management of IT functional areas
- Continuous retraining
- Vendor Engagement
As the organization and its’ systems grow, these responsibilities become greater, and productivity and efficiency can be lost in one or more functional area, exposing the organization to adverse risks. MSPs mitigate these risks allowing internal IT to focus on strategic initiatives. Additionally, they create a competitive advantage for organizations by bringing a broader industry perspective, reduced IT risks and cost saving.
Some advantages of partnering with an MSP are as follows:
- 24/7 Monitoring and Proactive Maintenance to ensure that your infrastructure and environment is always available.
- Budgeting – Reduced capital expenditure (CAPEX) and benefit from predictable operational expenditure (OPEX).
- Expertise – Access to a team of highly experienced and trained engineers with specializations in various areas of technology. Als,o leverage knowledge and expertise from their partnership and support from major vendors
- Improved Service backed by Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Availability – you don’t have to worry about absenteeism and sickness, national insurance payments, recruitment etc.
- Improved Security – MSPs help maintain compliance with industry and government regulations.
- Strategic Planning – MSPs can help chart a technology roadmap to scale as you grow and ensure successful realization.
A survey conducted by CompTIA stated, “CIOs and senior IT managers said managed services can provide a number of both strategic and ROI-boosting benefits.”
The CompTIA report also revealed:
- 49% of survey respondents said their companies’ IT functions are either mostly or partially outsourced today.
- 50% said they’ll consider using an outside IT firm over the next two years if the need arises, while another 15% are evaluating the employment of an outside IT firm now.
- 90% are either “mostly” or “very” satisfied with their managed services experience.
- 93% said their managed services arrangements either met or exceeded cost-savings expectations.
As technology continues to evolve, there is a greater adoption of a hybrid model due to the many benefits they bring to organizations.
Click here to learn more!